CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

My cakes!

Yes, the ever famous cakes I have been doing up here in Alaska. Now, I know i'm going to have an overwhelming flood of posts of people that want me to re-create the clown cake, but I'm sorry to say, it was a once in a lifetime miracle. This one was pretty exciting for me, It was a bunch of roses, and roses are pretty freakin' hard to do! So even though you don't appreciate it, I was proud.

This was one I made last week and it was with fondant, which I am very excited to be learning to use. Its actually super easy and always looks pretty cute, it just tastes nasty, so I need to find a better recipe.

2 comments:

BuNksJuNk said...

Melanie these look awesome! I am so jealous of your skills!

Maybe that's why my wedding cake tasted like cardboard--it was covered in fondant.

Anonymous said...

You know I would comment on the cake post-right! Good Job on the roses,I cant wait until you get back so you can make all my girls their b-day cakes-I seriously hate doing that!